Questions? Comments? Call Us!
Top 5 Services Your Local Metal Fabricator Should Offer
Metal fabrication typically involves cutting, bending, and assembling sheet metal to fit unique project specifications. Whether you specialize in construction projects, trucking, or community ventures, having a reliable metal fabricator on your side can help ensure that your next project goes off without a hitch.
Each fabricator is different and may specialize in a variety of services and offerings, but there are several services you should always look for in a metal fabricator, including the following:
- Metal production and repair services—They should offer bending, punching, forming, metal plate shearing, and plate rolling. These can all be utilized to produce and form a certain metal part or structure.
- Welding—A sheet metal fabrication company can safely weld mig, tig, stick, and spot aluminum and stainless steel. They may also bind with adhesives or use other methods to assemble the pieces together.
- Cutting—This is typically done through sawing, shearing, or chiseling. It allows the fabricator to cut a certain piece of raw material down to size.
- Custom prototype parts and solutions—Having a prototype available to help you make adjustments and test out the structure will allow you to determine if your project can be safely used and produced. Your fabricator can affordably create a prototype for you in no time.
- Custom metal fabrication and installment—If you hand your fabricator an image or drawing of your ideal product, they should be able to make it a reality. Look for a fabricator that welcomes challenges and can meet your needs and expectations. They should also be able to work with all types of materials, including sheet metal, stainless steel, aluminum, piping, and tubing.
Steel fabricators can also serve as a trusted source of information for your business. They can answer questions you may have and help you make decisions regarding your design.
Whether you are planning a landscaping project or need large-scale heavy equipment fabrication, your local shop should be able to meet both your small and complex project needs. Your local metal fabricator should also offer fast turnaround times and shipping options so that you can meet your deadlines and project specifications. For more information on the services available to you and what the estimate will be, request a personalized quote from the fabricator.